Help during COVID-19
Covid-19 was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation in March 2020. With significant impacts on every country across the globe, the measures introduced to control the spread of the disease have brought considerable challenges for those living far from their families and their homeland.
These measures have impacted many in the Irish community in WA. Claddagh have been working with people in a variety of circumstances throughout COVID-19 including:
- loss of employment
- returning home to Ireland for family emergencies
- bringing family members from Ireland to Australia due to family emergencies
- seniors at risk of social isolation and disconnection from family and friends in Ireland as well as Australia
- many other diverse situations.
This is a fast-moving policy environment and the Claddagh Committee continues to monitor and keep members updated on developments.
Check out the following Claddagh infographics covering the most requested Covid-related information.
- How to Remain Lawfully in Australia during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Returning to live in Ireland during COVID-19: Organisations and Info that can assist your move
- Applying for Travel Exemptions to Leave Australia during COVID-19
- Managing Stress during COVID-19