Coronavirus disease (often referred to as COVID-19) was recently declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation. The Claddagh Committee have been monitoring and developing early stage approaches to the development of Coronavirus.
Having considered the risks as well as the advice from the WA Government and being aware of the need to keep everyone safe, we have made the difficult decision to cancel/postpone the following events:
- April Seniors Event – Picnic to Moore River
- May Seniors Event – Mystery Tour!
Keeping our employee and committee safe
For now, our office will remain open, by appointment only.
However, we ask that our seniors do not visit the office.
Please continue to call the office on 08 9249 9213 if you have any questions or need support.
Our phone has been running hot during COVID-19 and Claddagh have created infographics with answers to the the most requested information during the pandemic. Check out: Managing Stress during COVID-19
Tips to stay healthy
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand gel (Gloria Gaynor does it like this!)
- Refrain from touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow– dispose of the tissue immediately after use and perform hand hygiene
- Avoid close contact with anyone if you, or they, have cold or flu-like symptoms (maintain a distance of at least 1 metre).
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, taps, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Can you help us?
We can’t deliver our services to people in crisis or distress, or maintain our seniors’ programs without ongoing donations. Regardless of the sum it will make a difference to someone in the Irish community in WA.
Yes, we have Deductible Gift Recipient status so all donations above $2 are tax deductible.
Will I receive a receipt for my donation?
Yes, we’ll send a receipt via email.
Where to get information?
Remember to access information from credible sources during this time – look to state and commonwealth government advice in the first instance. We’ve put some resources together below you may wish to use.
Federal and State Government
News, updates and advice; covers health, aid, apps and guidance
Daily updates, facts, figures, travel advice and key contacts
Keep up to date with changes to workplace laws
Latest tax advice
WA specific updates
Mental Health contacts
Trained volunteer telephone counsellors available 24-hours-a-day. Phone 13 11 14.
An organisation promoting good mental health
Resources to battle anxiety and stress, and to promote wellbeing in a time of COVID-19
Mental health tools generated by a NFP backed by St Vincent’s Hospital and UNSW, and supported by the Federal Government
Contact us and become a Claddagh volunteer.
By volunteering for the Claddagh Association not only will you be making a difference to the lives of other Western Australians who use our services, but you’ll also be enriching your own life.
20 new volunteers since Covid-19 commenced
Donations / Sponsor program
For over 23 years we have provided relief in emergency situations and worked on long-term projects, assisting thousand of Irish and Irish Australians.
Claddagh relies on the generosity of Western Australians just like you to support our services to the increasing number of clients who call us each year
$100,000 – 2020 Fundraising Target